Sunday, November 6, 2011

Softball Meeting

This past week the coach decided to have an idivisual meeting with each player on the team and tell them how they are doing on the offseason and were they stand on the team, if they will start or not. He also told you what you could improve on and what he thinks of you as a person and as a softball player. When he had told us that he was going to meet with us privately, I instantly got nervous and wondered how I could possibly "skip" out on it. He had scheduled the freshman first, meaning I would be one of the first ones, well it turned out that I was the fourth freshman to be met with. I met up with coach on Tuesday around 2 o'clock after one of my classes, and as I nervously approached his door I saw another freshman on the team, her eyes were red from crying and her head slumped down towards the floor. My instant thought was "holy cow, I am toast". He welcomed me into his office with a delightful smile and as I sat down he instantly got to the point. He had told me that I was a very hard worker and that I would be the starting first basemen but also I would be playing in the outfield. He said that I was a "born" caption and he was very happy that I had decided to join the TLU program. He stated that I could improve on my hitting but also that the whole team could always improve on this part of the game. As I started to hear him say this a slow smile came onto my face because I didn't know why I would ever be nervous about this. I have been playing softball for practically my whole life, since I was five years old and I grew up around this sport with my brothers playing baseball all their lives, you could almost say that a softball/baseball field was my second home. As I walked out I had called the most important people in my life, my parents because without them I would not be here. As I told them the great news, I thought to myself I was such a lucky girl to be attending a good school and doing great in the one sport I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment