Sunday, October 23, 2011

Studying and having a life

I have found that it is harder than I expected to have a life outside my studyings. I am taking 5 classes, two of them at least 3 to 4 hours each to study. One requires at least one to two hours and the other two require 30 minutes a day. Each of theses classes require that each day to keep up with the material and be at the top of the grades in the class. Each day that is a total of at least a minimum of 12 hours per day. I don't know any student here that will study that much a day. But we have to do what we have to do in order to be good students. With all this study hours per day it's hard to be a sociable student in college, and it even hard to be a sociable athletic student. But we have to learn how to juggle things and how to handle stress at it's worse. I have learned these tips gradually but I admit that I need to work with this more than I have. I have told friends of mine that are younger that school means everything, with out school you won't have a real high paying job and you won't be as successful as other people who actually went to college. One of my friends was mentioning to me how they thought college was going to be so easy just like high school was. And I told them that it was much different from high school, were the teachers actually ask for your work and persist you to turn in work. Where in high school you can actually not read the material they had given you and pass easily, in college you can't do this at all. At first they thought I was just joking around with them but one day I came back home and showed them my notes that I had done outside of class and how we never originally never went over this material in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment