Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Past

Because softball is not in season I have been able to take the opportunities to go back home, which is only two hours away. I have gone home every weekend which had its ups and downs. The ups of going home is I get to see all my friends and my parents and of course my two dogs who I am in love with. I also see the one thing I miss dearly, which is Katy football. This weekend I went to the football game against our rival, who we beat 38-7. The down grade is that while I am at home I find it hard to concentrate on my studies and homework. I can never get my work done and I come back to the campus to find a whole lot of work still to be done and on sunday I always stay up later than I want to because I am working on the work that should have during the whole weekend. During the weekend I can never fully relax because I know I come back to the dorm with work needing to be done. I try to always get work done on Friday and Saturday but procastination sets in and I always have the thought "I can do it Sunday, thats what Sunday is for". I think to solve this problem I need to stop going home as much as I do and stay in a college evironment so I can have the ensentive to get work done. Another way of solving this solution is that I can also set a time on Friday and Saturday where I do nothing but homework, with no cell phone around (because this is also another strong distraction). I feel like I can really do this because I am pretty good with organizing time and knowing how much time a certain subject takes to study or to do homework. I know these solutions will be hard and I probably will fail with the attempts at first but I know eventually I will get the work done and learn from my mistakes during my weekend trips home.

No comments:

Post a Comment