Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving break

So for the Thanksgiving break it turned out the my parents and I did not attend the cowboys game on thanksgiving day. We decided that we would have a thanksgiving feast with my sister, he husband and their kids. My sister wanted us to attend because her husbands family were the only ones going over to her house and she wanted some of her family members to attend. It was not a large group of people (but a big amount of food) we watched the Dallas cowboy football game while eating around the dinner table. After we all ate and after the cowboys game we started to play Mexican bingo. Mexican bingo is a traditional game in my family, it is bingo but except for numbers we use objects or things and we win money. There are four ways of winning at bingo, objects covered on all four corners, a straight or diagonal line, the four middle objects covered and lastly the whole entire page covered. Whoever wins, receives the money. You pay a quarter for each round you pay and if your not lucky enough to win one of those rounds and you run out of money then you can no longer join in the game. Thanksgiving was such a fun time with my family and I, even though it was a small crowd it was beneficial. One because that meant we all got more than one serving of food and two because we got to bond closer to the ones that were there. My thanksgiving break was filled with laughter and joy from both family and friends. I didn't realize how much I had actually missed them. I would never trade anything for my family and friends, they mean the world to me. And also during the break I got exciting news, my parents will be moving out to a ranch were we will have cattle and horses again, and this is do exciting for me because I absolutely love the country side of life

No comments:

Post a Comment