Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanksgiving

I am so thrilled to finally go home for longer than two days, the fact that I get to sleep in my bed and be with my two favorite dogs in the world makes me miss home more and more each day. For school nothing exciting is really going on at the moment, just more homework just more studying and more class. School so far is much more different than I thought it would be, its nothing like high school but I don't mind that at all. Softball is going well, we aren't practicing at the field anymore but we are still having morning practices every week day. For thanksgiving, the softball team is not required to practice or do insanity like we do every morning which makes me really happy but also nervous because I have to work out on my own to keep up with the program and stay in shape. This year for thanksgiving we are doing nothing like we usually do, which consist of having dinner with my three siblings there and then another dinner with my mom's side of the family. This year we are going to the Dallas Cowboy game the day of Thanksgiving and we aren't having dinner with our family. At first I was really excited about the game because I am a hard core fan for the Cowboys and I will be at the new Cowboy Stadium for the very first time. But then as time went on I started to think about the fact with not being with my whole family, the fact that on the day of Thanksgiving I will be surrounded by strangers (minus my parents). If I don't think about it much I can get through the day and be fine with it, but I really care about my whole family and always enjoy the moments we have together. Because of college now I rarely see them as much as I would usually would and honestly I want to have that time back, and Thanksgiving is one of those special moments. I am very excited about the game, don't get me wrong, but I would also be thrilled to have my whole family together so now I am stuck between a very hard spot and a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment