Sunday, October 23, 2011

No more softball

Sadly our offseason for softball on the field has ended and we can no longer practice together as a team with our coaches. This a both a negative and a positive, first the positive is that I get to concentrate more on my studies and get more rest and finally I get the opportunities to go home and visit my boyfriend, family, and friends. The negatives of this is that I won't have as much bonding time with my teammates than I originally had and because I can't have my "get-a-way" from my studies or anything in life that would stress me out. I have played softball pretty much all my life, since I was 5 or 6 years old. I have also played other sports but I choose softball because one it was the sport that I enjoyed the most, two I think I was better at this sport than any other sport and lastly because my other siblings played either softball or baseball so I have grown up around it all my life. Each weekend since softball gas ended I have gone home and visited with the ones I hold close, which I enjoy and I also get home cooked meals that I have missed greatly. The dining hall at the college is not bad at all but my parents cooking will always be the best to me. I have missed my dogs the most probably because they are my cuddle buddies while my sleep. Being home doesn't make me home sick like I've heard it does to other students. I have adapted really really well into college and I never really miss anything about home, I think because my hometown was originally small so I have been used to growing up in smalltowns. And I also think that being home has kept me out of trouble while some of my friends are staying behind and going to parties and not studying, which benefits me in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment