Friday, September 23, 2011

Chemistry

I have never been good at basic chemistry with the algebra 1, in high school my algebra teacher did not do his job well and so I never really learned it well. So coming here and going into problem solving chemistry is a little difficult never really learning the basics. I have gone to SI and stayed after class to understand more but it is hard coming in being behind other students. I need this credit so struggling is not making me happy. On the current quizzes I have done better than I thought I would have, but I know these grades are not to my fullest potential. What I really enjoy though is how much my professor helps me and how easily he explains things, multiple ways. I get along with him very well and I am happy that we have a good student professor relationship. My class size is small so everyone knows each other and we help each other quite a bit. His teaching methods work well, and give us a lot of opportunities to have grades in the grade book. Everyday we have homework to turn in, a daily assignment then gives us more homework that is due the next time we see each other, which will be a quiz grade on occasions. I love this class but I am not happy with how I am doing in there and wish I could do better. I talked to my teacher about the possibility of having a private tutor because I know from experience I work well with one on ones. This private tutoring may be difficult because of my schedule being busy but that is college and you have to learn how to use your time wisely. With softball practice on Thursdays-Sundays it is hard to study as much as you truly need. On Saturdays our practices run from 9 am to 7 pm and the other days 1 pm to 7 pm. My other classes are coming more easily and the change from high school to college has slowly slipped in and now I understand why they say that college is totally different from high school. The professors here expect you to be the big adult that they never expected in high school. I enjoy classes still and I still enjoy Texas Lutheran.    

No comments:

Post a Comment