Sunday, September 4, 2011

A new beginning

Most teenagers want to explore the world and never look back at where they grew up, but that was not for me. Texas Lutheran offered many options for me, staying close to home (Katy, Texas), playing softball, a great Physical Therapy program and a warm welcoming community. Transitioning from high school to college was a very large step for me, I was leaving behind, family, friends and most importantly the place where I grew up. College has been an exciting adventure, but one I know I can accomplish with help from the professors. Here, I have learned to be well-organized, time management and to make new friends everyday. The courses I am taking to become a Physical Therapist mean I have to read more than I ever have and to really buckel down and not be a procrastinator like I was in high school. In high school, students could get by without reading there books for class and not knowing everything the teacher taught, but here it is much different. I was a "A" student in high school, and I loved studying but here is a whole new story, studying doesnt mean for just an hour, it means for several hours and knowing EVERYTHING the professor taught you. To this new challenge, I was at first scared, just like any new college student would be but after the first week was under my belt I knew I could take it on. College means a lot of growing up for high school students, now I know why most teenagers do not make it all the way. For me, that will not be an option, I know what I have to do in order to master all my classes as well as be a student-athlete and I am willing to make that effort. Texas Lutheran is my new home, and I am liking every moment here, yes I will endure those days where I absolutely hate it and wish I could just go back to my hometown and never return. My experience so far has been exciting and I hope this feeling never changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment